Last week I posted about the ‘Problems of being a Book Nerd‘ and then thought that sure there are many problems but there are also many perks of being one. For example, I’ve made so many friends from all over the world who shares the same love for reading as me. I wouldn’t have got to know them if it wasn’t for books. So I made lists of perks and just like the last post I hope you’ll relate to these too.
So here are some of the perks of being a book nerd:
– Books make awesome conversation.
– You’ll never be bored.
– The amazing smell of a new book.
– While everyone else is stuck living just one, probably kind of boring life, you get to experience thousands of lives.
– Reading gives perspective.
– You’re constantly learning something new.
– Book lovers never go to bed alone.
– Some books can change your life.
– You have the perfect quote for every situation. Like right now:
“One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” – Cassandra Clare
– Books let you travel without moving your feet.
– You are the easiest person in the world to buy gifts for.
– You get to be a part of an amazing community of book lovers.
– No cable or Internet due to inclement weather? No problem! You were planning on reading tonight anyway.
– You get to have lots of fictional boyfriends and best friends.
Well the list goes on! But let me know if there’s something else that makes you happy about being a book nerd.